Erythritol is a sweetener naturally occurring in such foods as fruits, mushrooms, wine, cheese, and soy sauce. Since 1990, it has been commercially produced and added to foods and beverages to provide sweetness as well as enhancing food taste and texture.
An odorless white crystalline powder, erythritol has a clean sweet taste similar to sucrose. It is approximately 70% as sweet as sugar and flows easily. Smart Sweet Erythritol:
- Is made in France from GMO-free corn
- Has zero calories
- Is safe for diabetics. Erythritol does not affect blood serum glucose or insulin levels. Zero glycemic index.
- Has high digestive tolerance. Erythritol is rapidly absorbed and eliminated from the body within 24 hours. Laxative side effects, sometimes associated with excessive polyol consumption, are unlikely when consuming foods containing Erythritol.
- Does not cause tooth decay.
- Inhibits plaque formation and cavities.
- Remineralizes tooth enamel and controls s. mutan bacteria.
- Clean taste. Erythritol has a pleasant, clean taste with no aftertaste.
- Does not encourage the growth of yeast, including candida albicans.
Smart Sweet Erythritol is also available in 1.5# bags